Mar 5, 2012

Wright Park, Tacoma WA

Wright Park is a 27-acre arboretum and public park located in Tacoma, Washington. The park was designed by Bavarian landscape architect Edward Otto Schwagerl.
The arboretum contains over 700 mature trees, representing about 100 native and exotic species.

One of the Lion Statues on the west entrance of Wright Park in Tacoma.
Col. Clinton P. Ferry brought these sandstone lion statues from Europe. Installed in 1891 in Wright Park (Tacoma, WA). Artist: Unknown.

2. In 1886 the Tacoma Land Company under the leadership of its president, Charles B. Wright, donated a parcel of land approximately 20 acres in size to the City of Tacoma for the sole purpose of being developed as a public park.

3.  Lawn Bowling in Wright Park

4.  The pond and fountain in Wright Park

5.Pond and the statue of Fisherman's Daughter in the Wright Park. The statue was installed in 1891. 
 6. W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory

7. W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory

8.  In the Botanical Conservatory

9. Dancing Girl with Hands on Hips

10. The Spanish-American War Cannon in Wright Park in Tacoma, WA. The cannon was captured in 1898 at Morro Castle in Havana, Cuba, during the Spanish-American War.